leekat

Lee's Library

I read to escape and to learn.  I like science fiction, historical fiction, mysteries, thrillers and adventure stories.

Hunting Season
Nevada Barr
The Practical Guide to Patchwork: New Basics for the Modern Quiltmaker, 12 Quilt Projects
Elizabeth Hartman
The Individual and the Nature of Mass Events: A Seth Book
Jane Roberts, Seth (Spirit), Robert F. Butts

Miss Marjoribanks

Miss Marjoribanks - Margaret Oliphant

Well I have certainly never met a character like Miss Lucilla Marjoribanks.  At first I simply did not understand her motives, drive and determination to re-organize Carlingford society.  It seemed such a waste of a strong character.

This was a long read, not to be rushed, and the further I became immersed into Lucilla’s world, the more I came to admire her and the author for creating such an unusual woman.  It was the last half of the book that really held my attention when Lucilla’s life took an unexpected turn and she faced challenges previously unknown.  Her confidence in her own abilities and the correctness of her thinking never wavered and was inspiring to read.  It was not until the very end of the book that I began to understand what she was really all about and by then, I was completely captivated.

Reviewed May 2009